Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Sugar and Spice


It's Tuesday and time for a new challenge over at Sassy Cheryl's .  Dawn is our hostess this week and she wants to see some silliness.  Well pink and blue hair is how Annabelle and Joey got silly this week.  Yep and their Mom is not happy with the new hair dyes.  But they blamed good ole' Dawn so they got off the hook.  Now I won't tell you what their Mom said to Dawn when she called her up..............

Annabelle and Joey are the new twins in Sassy Land.  I had another digi all printed out and ready to color when I saw these two cuties.  On went the breaks with the old digi and full steam ahead I charged with the new one.  The papers are all scraps from my stash.  They came from a pad I bought at Hobby Lobby years ago and I don't remember the name of the manufacturer.  Annabelle and Joey were colored with Copics and then I cut them out and mounted them on a speckled background paper.  I made the speckled paper by spritzing photo paper with Dylusions Ink Sprays.  The colors are Bubble Gum Pink and Calypso Teal.  I freehanded the arrow out of the same paper.  Doily and  gems were from my stash.  The chipboard sentiment is from a very old collection from K&Company.  I have been digging in my stash from my scrapbooking days and finding some  fun things to play with.

I would like to say I was happy with this card, but I am only "OK" with the way it turned out.  I had a whole different idea in my head when I started out, but my brain refused to cooperate.  My heady was all "foggy" inside this weekend.  I couldn't for the life of me concentrate on anything.  Now when that affects my coloring , I know something is really really wrong.  I took some allergy medicine and a good long nap.  When I woke up I was still not up to par, so I went back to bed and woke up the next morning feeling fit as a fiddle. Some of you are contending with white stuff falling from the sky,but I am dealing with yellow stuff falling from the sky.  I really don't know which is worse.

Now it is time for you to pop over to the Sassy Cheryl Challenge Blog and see all the silliness the crafty Sassy Team has come up with for you this week.  Be sure to pop in on their individual pages and leave them some love.  Everyone needs to hear a kind word now and then.  Oh and why you are popping, pop over to Cheryl's store and see all the new bios on the residents of Sassy Land.  Just helping everyone get to know their favorite people a bit better.  Leave Cheryl some comments letting her know what you think.  Did you also know that there is a live chat function in the store now?  Yep a button has been added.  You click on it and you can have a live chat with our Sassy Lady herself.  Go on check it out.  She has nothing better to do than talk to you.  Besides she really really really wants to know your opinions and suggestions.

Happy Crafting

Linda

8 comments:

  1. LOL...omgoodness... I can't repeat that phone call!! Hopefully all that pink and blue washes out quickly!!
    Too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your card is adorable! Love your choice of the gingham background, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I guess if you stop all that drinking you might feel better....joking...So glad you are better and this is just so "silly" lol...Love the coloring girl...Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love their funky hair colors! They must be going through one of those "phases" that kids go through. Lol
    Great layers of gingham!!
    Feel better... "MUAH!"
    ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda! I love your coloring. Their hair is spectacular. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw these images I remember our fun Linda! Lol!
    Love their hair. So unique!
    Hugs,
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great coloring and fun design, Linda. I love the shockingly pink hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hah! I wondered about the hair color, but reading your story, it all makes perfect sense-yup, Dawn's fault! Hah! Hope the allergies are calming down. My DD is home with us for a time now, and thought she was no longer an allergy sufferer---welcome to the country, baby!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda