Sunday, February 16, 2014

3-D Seaside Card Set

Bendi Card Closed

Bendi Card Open

Box Card Front View

Box Card back View.

My goodness have you all gotten on the "Box Card"  band wagon yet.  Pinterest (I am not and never will be addicted) is full of these fun fold cards.  I made a Sassy Cheryl one a couple of weeks ago and the gals at my LSS, Scrapbooks By The Sea asked me to teach a class on them.  A shipment of brand new seaside themed papers from FAB SCRAPS had just come in  that I thought they would be fun to use in a box card and a bendi card.

I got out my ruler, cutter, Cricut, Score-Pal and got busy.  Once the card bases are built, all you have to do is build your scene.  I used Cricut's "Life is a Beach" cartridge cutting most of the objects at 1.5"  The little silver anchor on the front of the card is a metal charm and I also used a brad that resembles the top of a screw for my tag.  The sentiment is one I found on-line, but unfortunately I didn't write down the site address.

These cards are perfect for mailing because they fold completely flat for mailing and go into standard envelopes A-2 envelopes.  No extra postage required (if you don't get to thick with your embellishments).

I am teaching two classes featuring these cards.   One is Wednesday, February 19th during the day and a night class on Tuesday, February 25th.  I would normally invite all of my blogging buddies to join us along the sunny South Carolina coastline, but this year it has not been so sunny.  We have had two ice storms, (no snow just ugly ugly ice) and an earthquake.   Crazy weather for sure.  But if it is still better than what you have had this year, come on down.  Weather forecast this week is looking good!

Where ever you are stay warm, stay safe and thanks for stopping in.

Hugs,

Linda

Challenges:

Always Something Crafty - Special Card Forms
Flat Friend Challenge - More Than One Fold
Sweet Stamps Monthly Challenge - Fun Folds

6 comments:

  1. I haven't seen these before and I am intrigued! Such pretty creations, Linda. Love, love, love the box full of sealife! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are fantastic and in your area the seaside theme is perfect! Glad you're going to have good weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool - absolutely love them :-) Thank you so much for joining us for the Flat Friends challenge, Em xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FABULOUS!!! Such an Amazing project! LOVE it! Hugs, Karin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute project! Thanks for playing at SweetStamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you have been busy! I love you by the sea porjects. The scene you created on the first card is awesome, so many "sea" elements, love it. And the box with all the sea critters is wonderful. Wish I lived closer...would love to join your class!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love reading them and making new blogging friends from all over the world. Crafting friends are very special friends.

Happy Crafting, Linda